1) Creating New multimedia/video content for public awareness
2) Displaying multimedia content at important rural junctions using Audio-visual equipment and via local cable and news channels.Permanent IEC Boards ( 4 feet by 2 feet) to be erected at more than one thousand sites.
3) Explaining the benefits of the scheme to Doctors and health workers.
4) Screening BPL families and referring appropriate cases to public hospitals.
5) Collect data on baseline health status and scheme usage trends amongst the BPL families.
- Broadly, the project would consist of-
1) Four vehicles, armed with Audio-visual equipment ( Television and CD player) to be leased for One year.
2) Each vehicle manned by one driver, one paramedical staff and one Technician, ie 3 personnel.( Total Twelve employees in four vehicles). Supervision over Four vehicles by Two doctors ( Dr.Neelesh Bhandari,Pathologist and Dr.Preeti Lodha, Psychiatrist).
3) Each vehicle entrusted with carrying out IEC activities in Six ( or seven) Districts.( Total 25 districts)
4) Each vehicle makes a minimum of twenty (20) visits per month.( Total approx. One thousand visits over 25 districts in one year) These visits would be prefixed in consultation with local authorities and would consist of rural junctions with high BPL population/attendees ( like Tehsil offices, hospitals, panchayat bhawan, Bus stops, subordinate courts etc.)
5) Dr.Neelesh Bhandari and Dr.Preeti Lodha to make regular monthly visits to various district hospitals, CHCs etc. to give multimedia presentations on the Scheme to the medical and paramedical staff. These visits shall coincide with monthly block/CHC meetings and achieve the dual purpose of training and sensitization of health workers and Doctors. All District hospitals and medical staff at CHCs in all 25 districts to be covered over one year.
- Creating New multimedia content-
1) For this campaign original video content shall be produced . Promotional content shot in TV studios ( Surya Cine vision, Mumbai and MEdRC, Hyderabad), Interviews with BPL families and officials on site, health education videos and other such content shall be produced. RAKSHA expects to produce original video content of Tens of hours over One year. All intellectual property rights to the multimedia content will be equally shared between RAKSHA and Controlling agency / ICICI Lombard.All the content shall be branded and provided to local cable channels, TV stations and also published on our youtube channel on medical education.
2) Each visit shall be recorded via Still photographs which shall be posted on a dedicated Flickr channel created for this purpose.Copies of photographs shall be distributed to all the local newspapers. Close to five thousand photographs ( Five photographs per visit X approx. 1000 visits) shall be published on the internet.
3) All the events shall be chronicled ( updated every three days) on a new blogspot/wordpress blog created for this purpose.
Such extensive self publication via youtube, blogs and Flickr.com shall also assist in Remote Monitoring of the campaign by state and central authorities at ICICI Lombard.
- During each visit by the mobile team, the activities carried out would include
1) Setting up the Television and CD player to display content.
2) Give short talks on the Bima Yojana to the gathering
3) Distribute pamphlets and other brochures.
4) Provide OTC medication only to BPL families. This will be done primarily to attract the Target audience.The seriously ill amongst these families to be referred to nearby hospitals with instructions to avail the Bima Yojana. Data regarding total number of patients seen and referred to be conveyed monthly to ICICI Lombard.
Kindly email me for receiving a detailed project report. If approved, RAKSHA can initiate the project from the First of January, 2009.
My blogs and original widgets ecosystem
Registered society for knowledge and health activities.
c/o Suncity Hospital and Research Center, Paota, Jodhpur 342006