1. Epocrates – This app lets users view continually updated clinical data, check for drug-drug interaction, identify pills by physical characteristics and perform medical calculations such as BMI and GRF. We wrote about it a few weeks ago.
2. Skyscape Medical Resources – Skyscape’s app includes resources like RxDrugs, evidence-based clinical information on conditions and symptoms, Archimedes Medical Calculator, and MedAlert drug information.
3. EyeChart – The Snellen Eye Chart is an eye chart for testing visual acuity. The app instructs users to hold the iPhone eye chart about four feet away instead of the typical 20 feet.
4. MedCalc (medical calculator) – MedCalc is a medical calculator that gives the user access to an array of medical formulas and scores.
5. Taber’s Medical Dictionary – Taber’s Medical Dictionary app includes more than 60,000 terms, 1,000 photos and 600 Patient Care Statements. The app also offers definitions and other resources, including nutrition and alternative therapy, coverage, medical abbreviations, and units of measurements.
6. Davis’s Drug Guide – Davis’s Drug Guide provides info on more than 5,000 trade name and generic drugs. This app includes info on other drug/natural/food interactions, appendices with dose calculations, customizable bookmarking and patient safety infor.
7. Eponyms (for students) – Eponyms displays a short description from more than 1,600 medical eponyms (ex. Sheehan’s syndrome, Virchow’s node).
8. ShyBladder – ShyBladder helps those who have trouble getting things started in the restroom. The app offers three different sounds of running water. (Maybe others were too afraid to include this on the list? Seriously, its number 8.)
9. STAT ICD-9 LITE – STAT ICD-9 LITE provides all 13,677 ICD-9-CD diagnosis codes to the user’s iPhone.
10. PubMed On Top Lite – PubMed On Tap Lite searches PubMed to provide and display reference information. The app includes EZproxy support, internal Web browser, option to email results in text or RIS form, advanced search options andthe ability to store and recall recent searches.