- Enable your wall and discussion boards! Web 2.0 is about dialogue not self-promotion. If you don’t allow users to interact with your hospital on Facebook, there is no point to having a page.
- Develop a strategy for dealing with the possibility of negative feedback. .
- Respond, reply, react! When a patient comments-positively or negatively- engage in the conversation. Ask what you could have done better. Ask them for specifics. Thank them for the advice or compliment. Don’t leave their anger to simmer or let them feel ignored.
- Post at least twice a day. The social media standard is once a day- outdo your competition and actively engage. Some things should be relevant and education. Some should be fun and spontaneous. Mix it up and keep your network entertained.
- Use widgets! Have a button to Facebook on your homepage. Get people visiting your Facebook site. Tweet about it. Talk about it. Promote it as a way to thank physicians or staff.