The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) recently completed a survey on its Facebook page, asking fans to tell the Journal about themselves.
Who are their fans?
Here’s what the Journal learned from the 800 fans completing the survey:
- Half are physicians and 35 percent are medical students.
- Half are younger than 30.
- A little more than one-third are in primary care and 80 percent are in patient care.
- More than 85 percent visit Facebook more than once a day and 30 percent visit several times a day.
- Most fans use a computer to get access to Facebook, but almost 50 percent sometimes check Facebook with a smartphone and 15 percent sometimes use an iPad.
What do they think?
NEJM Facebook fans said they like:
- Posts about new research
- Images in clinical medicine
- Essays in medicine
And, they want to see more of everything.